Copying all grade items from one course to another (without grades, user data)

Copying all grade items from one course to another (without grades, user data)

by Matthew Caro -
Number of replies: 3
I taught a few courses last semester at my University and was curious if there was an easy way to import all the grade items (quizzes, tests, etc) from the previous semester to the current one. Obviously I would like this done with all the grades blanked out, so that I can fill them in for the new students. I feel like there should be an easy solution to this, but I can't seem to find one.

Thanks in advance.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Matthew Caro

Re: Copying all grade items from one course to another (without grades, user data)

by Peter Bowen -

If you back the course up, and restore it as a new course without user information, it should keep those settings.

Cheers

Peter

In reply to Peter Bowen

Re: Copying all grade items from one course to another (without grades, user data)

by Doug Baleshta -

You can also use the import facility in the Administration Block.  It allows you to select the items to bring across from another course without having to do a backup/restore.  It does not bring any of the students over though, only content.

In reply to Doug Baleshta

by Matthew Caro -

Maybe I'm missing the option, but this only seems to bring over things from the courses main page. Topics and content, etc etc. I don't see an option anywhere to bring over things from the gradebook.