Setting more question grade values

Setting more question grade values

by Chad Sines -
Number of replies: 2

One of my instructors is wanting to grade a question at 85%; however, the options are very odd. They seem to have no rhyme or reason (see attached file). Where can I go to add the 85% option. 90% would be above passing minimum and 83.33% would mean they failed it.

What she is doing is giving them 85% (passing) for attempts that are incorrect as a participation assignment. These are homework assignments that are tricky to grade with Moodle, hence the participation component.

Attachment grade.png
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Chad Sines

Re: Setting more question grade values

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

There is, in fact, a logic to the choices offered: https://github.com/moodle/moodle/blob/master/question/engine/bank.php#L344

The only way to change the choices available is to edit that section of code.

(Be warned that if you do, you may get problems if you try to export questions from your Moodle site, and import them into somebody else's. This may not be a problem for you.)

In reply to Tim Hunt

Re: Setting more question grade values

by Chad Sines -

I see the logic now that I read the text. 

Thank you for your help. You have made my teacher very happy and now she will leave me alone...for a while.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)