Moodle for schoolwide grades -- transitioning from PowerSchool ???

Moodle for schoolwide grades -- transitioning from PowerSchool ???

by Lee Trampleasure -
Number of replies: 0

My school uses Pearson's grade program, PowerSchool, and Moodle as our classroom management system. I really don't like PowerSchool, nor the lack of support from Pearson. I'm probably just dreaming of pie in the sky, but I'd like to try to convince my school to use Moodle for grades instead of PowerSchool. Here are my questions/issues:

1. Are there many schools that use Moodle for all-school grading? How can I find references for schools who can talk about how well Moodle is working for them?
  2. I'm imagining that we will still stay with PowerSchool for creating the master schedule, reporting grades to universities, attendance, etc. Are there schools who have either (1) integrated Moodle grades into PowerSchool, or (2) made the break from PowerSchool and done all these tasks with Moodle.
  3. If we install the Attendance module, is it possible to make seating charts with student photos? This is one thing that PowerSchool does a fairly decent job at.
Any reflections on attempts to make this switch, or just using Moodle for all this, would be appreciated.

Thank you.