Slow moodle (2.5.2) hosting ourselves on WIndows

Slow moodle (2.5.2) hosting ourselves on WIndows

by john allen -
Number of replies: 2

Wondered if anybody could help us solve the issue that our version on moodle 2.5.2 is running slow when ever you or a user tries and do anything on it. We are hosting it our self on a windows 2008 virutal server with 1gb internet speed.

(Edited by Mary Cooch - to add Windows -original submission Wednesday, 17 September 2014, 10:33 AM)

Average of ratings: -
In reply to john allen

Re: Slow moodle (2.5.2) hosting ourselves on Windows

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hello John - I just googled your email address sarchs.com and I found St Augustine's RC School in Lancs. It may be (sorry if I have totally got it wrong) that you are ex-CLEO Lancs Moodle and have moved to your own hosting, on Windows. If that is the case then I suggest you get in touch with Geoff Diggles the network manager at Our Lady's Preston (site in link) as he set up Moodle for the school (my old school) on Windows in exactly the same cirumstances and had speed issues too, which are mostly resolved - so he might have some advice for you. (You can tell him I told you wink )Unfortunately, although Moodle does work on Windows, not as many people have it running and contribute here on the forums. If you do a search on these forums you will probably find Geoff's posts from last year, and you will also find some very helpful Moodlers running Windows here who will make some good suggestions. But in terms of similar experiences, feel free to get in touch with Geoff.

It would be useful to future posters too, if you can post back with some of the things you find which succeed in  increasing the speed of your Moodlesmile

In reply to john allen

Re: Slow moodle (2.5.2) hosting ourselves on WIndows

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

At the very least, we are going to need the specification of your server and a rough idea of how many people are using it and for what sort of activities