Upgrade forum read/unread not completing and logout

Upgrade forum read/unread not completing and logout

by Ferlin Scarborough -
Number of replies: 0
I am upgrading from Moodle 1.4+ to 1.5+, on a Web Host that is running on Windows.

The part where you click on the link at the top of the admin page that upgrades the files for the read/unread forum posts, start by displaying a green progress bar, but then it gets between 90,000 and 100,000 done, with anywhere from 1 minute 42 seconds down to about 35 seconds, and then my browser displays that it is done, but the page just sits there and never goes anywhere else.

I tried it using both Mozilla 1.7 and IE 6, with the same results at least a dozen times.

There are 94 discussions some times and 97 discussions at other times,  I thought maybe it was because someone was posting while I was trying it, so I also tried to place the Moodle in Maintanence mode, and got the same results.

Also, when I press the logout on the top or bottom of the screen, I get a screen that says your session has timedout, with a (continue) underneath it, this screen just seems to refresh over and over and if you press continue it just refreshes again.  If you try to go back to the home page it brings this one back up, you have to exit the browser and then come back in again.

Any thoughts on these problems?

Thanks in advance.

Ferlin Scarborough
Average of ratings: -