Make facilitator feedback private

Make facilitator feedback private

by Jean Jacoby -
Number of replies: 4

Is there any way of setting the workshop so that, after the student  peer review phase has completed, the facilitator can add final comments and a grade that are only visible to the individual student being graded? At the moment any facilitator comments seem to be visible to the peer reviewers as well as the individual student. 

Many thanks

J

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jean Jacoby

Re: Make facilitator feedback private

by David Mudrák -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Yes, there is. Make sure the workshop is in the Grading evaluation phase. As a teacher, open the submission (by clicking its title). At the bottom of the page, you should see a collapsible form "Feedback for the author". Here, you can mark the submission as public (will be visible to other participants when the activity is closed), you can override the calculated grade for the submission and you can provide feedback for the author. This will be displayed to the author of the submission only.
Attachment feedback.png
In reply to David Mudrák

by Jean Jacoby -

Many thanks for the reply. I have checked the settings as you suggested, but even so, when I log in as a student, I can still see the facilitator feedback provided to the individual students I have peer assessed. I have a screenshot if that helps, but I don't want to post it to a pubic forum.

I wonder if this is an organisational setting that we need to change?

Jean

In reply to Jean Jacoby

by David Mudrák -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
That's weird. I am not able to reproduce such behaviour at my test site. When the workshop is closed and I log in as a student, I can see 1) my submission (with the teacher's feedback on it), 2) all the submissions I have peer-assessed (but without the feedback on them) and 3) my assessments. Do you have the student role permissions amended?
In reply to David Mudrák

by Jean Jacoby -

Hi David

Sorry I didn't get back to you earlier - you were right - it was the permissions! Simple when you know where to look!

Many thanks for your advice

Jean