Teachers not being displayed correctly in courses

Teachers not being displayed correctly in courses

by Raymond Culp -
Number of replies: 1

I am having trouble getting Moodle to display the list of Online Trainers (teachers) correctly in my courses.

I have assigned myself the role of Online Trainer at the top-level category and two other users the same role at the sub-category level.

When I look at the sub-category / courses, I only see the other two users:

When I go to the "Assign roles" dialog, I can see that I am assigned the role of Online Trainer and that this role is being inherited. I also see the other two users, who are assigned at the level of this sub-category.

Any help on understanding why this is happening is greatly appreciated!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Raymond Culp

Re: Teachers not being displayed correctly in courses

by Raymond Culp -

Update: I was also trying to remove another person from the role of Online Trainer.

I discovered that he had an "unsupported role" as Online Trainer at the site level and removed this.

However, he still showed up in the list of Online Trainers in the top level category, so I checked his user profile > assigned roles and found the he still had the Online Trainer role in a subordinate / child category.

After I removed this, his name disappeared in the list of Online Trainers in the higher-level parent category.

This seems to be a bizarre case of "reverse inheritance" of roles. Is this a bug or a feature?