Webservices change from 2.5 to 2.7?

Webservices change from 2.5 to 2.7?

by Colin Matheson -
Number of replies: 2

Hi  I am grasping at straws and trying to get the old TurnItIn.com Basic plugin to work on 2.7. Currently it fails at assignment creation with the error

P { margin-bottom: 0.08in; }A:link { }

• Unable to complete Moodle webservices call. 404 Not Found

The plugin worked in 2.5 so I am wondering what changed to create the 404 error. In the 2.7 moodle webservice folder is a file called upgrade which states

* All webservice server.php and simpleserver.php scripts must define('WS_SERVER', true)
  before including config.php file.

In the plugin I see a ws folder with a dispatcher.php which has a line
require_once("../../../../../config.php");

Should I try adding the line define('WS_SERVER', true) before the require_once?
Any other ideas or changes between web services in 2.7 compared to 2.5?
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Colin Matheson

Re: Webservices change from 2.5 to 2.7?

by Colin Matheson -

I added the define('WS_SERVER', true) in dispatcher.php but no luck. I can get the plugin to work with existing assignments: rosters can sync between Moodle and TurnItIn, students can submit assignments, teachers can grade assignments. However, when I try to create or modify an assignment it throws the webservices call error. So why would webservices work for some calls and say, not found in other calls? And why would the plugin work in 2.5 and 2.6 and not in 2.7?

In reply to Colin Matheson

Re: Webservices change from 2.5 to 2.7?

by Peter Roberts -

Hi Colin

apologies for reviving a thread from a year ago - but did you ever get it to work? We're having a similar issue with 2.8 (with the 2.2 assignment code retained just for Basic)

Error: 430

Unable to complete Moodle webservices call. 500 Can't connect...

Kind regards

Pete Roberts