External Database Setting: External unenrol action update on back end

External Database Setting: External unenrol action update on back end

by Joe Amatrucola -
Number of replies: 0

Hello

I am successfully using the external database enrolment plugin, and am working on further automating our user enrolment process.  Part of the logic I need to implement will require me to have the value for External unenrol action be set to Disable course enrolment for some months during the year, and Unenrol user from course for other months.  So I found where this value is stored in the database (see details below), and my plan is to include logic in my maintenance script to programmatically modify the value as needed on the back end.  However, I'm finding that I am able to change the value via the front end and watch it change in the back end record, but if I change the value in the back end and reload the settings page in the front end, the value setting doesn't change.  Does anyone know if there's another record that would need to be changed in order for me to programmatically change the value of this setting on the back end?

Thanks
Joe

Database Record Details

in the mdl_config_plugins table, where plugin= 'enrol_database' and name='unenrolaction'.  The record gets a value of 2 for 'Disable course enrolment' and 0 for 'Unenrol user from course'.

Average of ratings: -