WinXP, IIS, PHP, MySQL, Moodle...nothing happens

WinXP, IIS, PHP, MySQL, Moodle...nothing happens

by Stuart Douglas -
Number of replies: 3
Must have overlooked something, but I can't get the index.php or install.php files to open in my browser(s). IE thinks about it and does nothing. Firefox opens it as if it's a text document, giving mostly gibberish. I have the Moodle files/folders nested in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\Moodle, I used the Windows Installer to add PHP (extracted the zipped binaries first, but wasn't sure what to do with them...since I'm not getting any error messages, I don't know if the installer vs. full installation issue I've read about here is at fault), I used the Windows Installer for MySQL, and am running IIS on XP. I added index.php as a valid default start page in IIS, I enabled web sharing of the \Moodle sub-folder. Don't know anything else to try.

Suggestions/thoughts/comments? All will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance,

Stuart
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Stuart Douglas

Re: WinXP, IIS, PHP, MySQL, Moodle...nothing happens

by David Perry -

I had the same problem, php files do not open directly in a browser. You need to go into internet explorer and type in http://localhost/moodle that SHOULD work. It does with easyphp installed anyway. I think IE sets the localweb to localhost? maybe try localweb instead?

Good luck

David

In reply to David Perry

by Stuart Douglas -
Thanks David, that got me closer. At least I'm now getting something...a "not authorized" warning, so I must have some missing/incorrect permissions somewhere.

Ever foreward!

smile
In reply to Stuart Douglas

by Stuart Douglas -
Turns out the /Moodle/ directory wasn't setup for anonymous access in IIS. All's well now.

Thanks again!