I'm using Moodle 2.6.4. I have an informational course with some activities in it (mostly questionnaires), and a need for opt-in communication through course announcements. I have the course set to accept self-enrolment, but since there's no need to restrict enrollment, I've left the enrollment key blank. But with a blank enrolment key, self-enrolment disappears altogether.
- In " Site administration /Plugins / Enrolments / Self enrolment," "Require Enrolment key" is set to "No."
- Self-enrolment is enabled, with a blank enrolment key.
- The course is set to allow guests, with no key set for that either.
- Self-Enrolment is not listed as available in the course (not in the course listing, or inside the course)
- In fact, "Course administration" isn't available to logged in users.
- As soon as I enter an enrolment key, suddenly, the course becomes self-enrollable.
My previous version was 2.2, and self-enrollable courses with blank enrolment keys showed the enrolment option. What's happening here? Is this a change?