how easy is it to go back to 1.4.5 from 1.5

how easy is it to go back to 1.4.5 from 1.5

by sean collins -
Number of replies: 3

hi all, right here's the problem:

i updated our moodle site to 1.5, now the first problem is in getting fatal errors regarding mimeinfo, Fatal error: Cannot redeclare mimeinfo() (previously declared in c:\program files\easyphp1-7\www\lib\filelib.php:3) in c:\program files\easyphp1-7\www\files\mimetypes.php on line 3, which i'm not sure how to sort..

second problem is my backups of database are corrupted so are of no use! i do have backups of the all the courses.

So question is how do i go about going back to version 1.4.5 ?

oh, and it is on a windows machine with easyphp 1.7...

Hope somebody here can help!

Cheers

Sean

Average of ratings: -
In reply to sean collins

Re: how easy is it to go back to 1.4.5 from 1.5

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
You can't go back - there have been two many database changes between 1.4 and 1.5.

How did you upgrade? Is this a fresh set of files, or did you try to write the new files over the top of the old? If the latter, you can't do that - you need a fresh set of files, and then copy in the config.php file to keep your old settings.
In reply to sean collins

by Don Hinkelman -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
Going back to 1.4.5 is very easy if you have good backups of the 1.4.5 courses. Did you go into the moodledata folder and pick up each backup course-by-course or collect all those course backups somewhere? If so, no problem. Here is what I would do...
  • Take those 1.4.5 backup zip files and put them in a safe place. While you are at it, backup the corrupted 1.5 site just in case
  • Delete your moodle database in MySQL
  • Make a new moodle database in MySQL
  • Install a fresh 1.4.5 moodle--no upgrade, just an empty moodle
  • Upload all the course 1.4.5 backups in the site files folder
  • Restore each of the backed up 1.4.5 courses one by one
  • Voila!

In reply to Don Hinkelman

by sean collins -
Cheers Don I shall give it a try this morning...

fingers crossed!!