Notification issues

Notification issues

by Rini Braat -
Number of replies: 2

Hello,

I use data form with notification. However, it looks like somethings is not working correct when using notification.

I'be selected author and admin. Both of the receive e-mail when a new entry is made (or changed, depending what I've set), but always double. Both receive two mails.

On the other hand, in the field e-mail address I specify a e-mail address like name.name@domainnamepart1-domainnamepart2.nl but this address does to receive any mail, although it is a valid address. Should the address be in a different format?

Is it possible to add more addresses on that same line by separating them for example with a colon? Or any other way?

Is there any way I can send and content of the form within the mail?

Last question, can you tell me what is the difference between "notification" and "conversation"?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Rini Braat

Re: Notification issues

by Itamar Tzadok -

Indeed it appears that there is an issue with notifications to email addresses and it may also be related to the duplicate emails. Please open an issue in the tracker so that could be tracked.

The email address option is designed to allow multiple addresses separated by a comma.

Sending content of a form is an enhancement I've been considering. It will probably be added at some point. Maybe sooner than later.

A conversation is a personal message from one user to another. A notification is a message from the "system" to a user.  A typical use of notifications is to notify users about system events (entry created, deleted etc.). The user can view notifications and conversations in My profile | Messages page.

hth smile