I've been following this thread for some time, but only downloaded & set it up today. From a couple hours of testing I have to say that this is really wonderful ! I hope it makes it into standard Moodle. I really like the checkboxes in front of each activity, it's very intuitive and helps the students track their progress (this has been something of a problem). From what I've seen, I presume the problems with checkboxes in front have been solved.
I added the standard 2 lines of code (and the start/end comments) to view.php in Questionnaire. Anything else I need to do? It seems to work both as a locked activity and a prerequisite for another activity. I am not required to complete the Questionnaire, just view it, but I believe that is the case for all non-graded activities.
A few questions/comments:
1. When a resourse is opened in a new window, there is still nothing to refresh the course menu, so the student doesn't see any change (already noted above, I agree it's not a biggie).
2. What does locking a label do? I had expected it to render the label invisible (or at least grey), but it seems to have no effect at all.
3. There are three locking display choices, but is there a way to turn off locking course-wide -- ideally it would retain the locking data for use again when locking is turned back on for the course.
4. I had expected the Locking block to turn locking on & off (enable/disable) for the course, but apparently not. I can't tell what it does other than give a count of activities with locking capability. Does it have other functionality?
5. Setup was somewhat awkward, since I had to check each file to ensure it was more recent than my Aug 10 release files. I ended up merging 3 files (view.php for forum and lesson, and attempt.php for quiz). Any plans for another release soon?
6. This looks awfully good -- what is the consensus about stability at this point: is the July 19 (?) version good enough for a production site? Not asking for guarantees here (there's always a risk), just wonder what the general feeling is.
For the record, I am using 1.5.2+ v2005060222, with add-ons including Questionnaire, Quiz Detailed Responses & Essay Question, Marking block, Course Menu block, Course Section block, Date Manager block, and the LinuxBox Gradbook enhancement (these are on a localhost test, a subset is on our production site).