New to translation

New to translation

by Whitney Lowe -
Number of replies: 7

All of our courses are in English, but we have had a request to put one of them in Korean. My question:

1. If the user can change their own language setting, does it just change the language in the Moodle interface, or would it also change the language for activities in the course like a quiz?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Whitney Lowe

Re: New to translation

by Robert Brenstein -
If activities are setup using multilang filter, yes, they follow the language of the interface. If your Korean course has all in Korean and Korean only, you may also set the course language to Korean, so users do not need to change their own language setting.
In reply to Robert Brenstein

by Whitney Lowe -

Thanks Robert,

So just to make sure I understand, would I be able to add the multilang filter after the course activities are already created?

It sounds like it might be most effective for this group that wants to have it in Korean to duplicate the course and then make the whole thing in Korean. However, that could be a problem for me as admin since I don't speak Korean because the whole course would be in Korean, correct? 

In reply to Robert Brenstein

by José Mata -

This is correct except for activity Choice. When you use multilang in activity Choice, Both, the description as well as the choices ignore the multilang tags and print concatenated.

I described this bug days ago in thise same thread but I still have not received some advice to correct it.

Cheers.

In reply to José Mata

by Nicolas Martignoni -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Did you report it in the tracker? If so, can we have the tracker id, so we could vote for its resolution?