GoDaddy failed Moodle 2.6 install

GoDaddy failed Moodle 2.6 install

by Daniel Thomas -
Number of replies: 3

Hello,

I'm using a GoDaddy hosting account.

First attempted to install Moodle 2.7, the system would not allow it because the PHP version is inappropriate. 

Secondly attempted to install Moodle 2.6, and at first it seemed like the install was going through, but then it ended up with this weird no-CSS horrible screen that I don't understand, please seen enclosed screenshot image.

Do you know if there's anything I can do to "fix" this failed attempt to install Moodle 2.6?

Else, is anyone aware what is the highest version which can be successfully installed with GoDaddy?

Thanks !!!

Danny

Attachment GoDaddy hosting failure.png
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Daniel Thomas

Re: GoDaddy failed Moodle 2.6 install

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

In your config.php, add the line

$CFG->slasharguments = false;

Does this help?

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Howard Miller

by Daniel Thomas -
Thank you immensely for your help,

I have indeed added this line to config.php
$CFG->slasharguments = false;

and... YES !!! 

IT HAS INDEED SOLVED THE PROBLEM !!!

so I will finally be able to start using this Moodle 2.6 installation within my hosting account...

Thank you soooo very much !!!

Daniel

In reply to Daniel Thomas

by Rick Jerz -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers

I have Moodle 2.7 running on my Godaddy hosted server.  This is not my production Moodle, just an experimental copy.

I have PHP 5.4.23 running.  In cPanel, there is an icon for PHP version.  Here is a screen shot of how I have selected everything. Not sure why, but I selected  version 5.5, but my cPanel reports 5.4.23, which is still high enough for Moodle 2.7.  Maybe this is because I did this about 3 months ago.

I do have a linux server.

My mySQL is as follows: 

• MySQL version
    5.5.32-cll-lve

Attachment Godaddy Hosted.jpg