SCORM repeat attempts not updating gradebook

SCORM repeat attempts not updating gradebook

by Laurie Kane -
Number of replies: 2

It seems that all Scorm results are not updating the gradebook. Is anyone else getting this in 2.7?

First grades are reported in the gradebook, and if I retry the scorm quiz immediately after the first attempt, the grade is reported from highest grade.

However, returning to retry the quiz, a higher grade is not reported in the gradebook and only 1 attempt is shown in the gradebook.

Possible Issues:

I have updated the Scorm content using the Scorm Edit settings page. Surely the results will still be reported after an update?

Moodle 2.7; SCORM 1.2; created in Articulate Storyline

In reply to Laurie Kane

Re: SCORM repeat attempts not updating gradebook

by Laurie Kane -

For whoever follows me down this path...

When users commence a scorm onject after completing a quiz once they must tick 'Start a new attempt' in order to record the grade and scorm results.

This can be set in Scorm > Edit Settings > Attempts Management > Force New Attempt

This can be pre-configured also in  Site Admin > Plugins > Scorm > Attempts Management

In reply to Laurie Kane

Re: SCORM repeat attempts not updating gradebook

by Morgan O'Connell -

Just want to say thanks Laurie.  I had a similar problem with Moodle 2.6 and Articulate Studio 13 (Quizmaker quiz within Presenter) and your solution worked for me.  It's not perfect as it means not allowing the learner to pick up where they left off but it certainly saved the day for me.  Thanks.