CVS help

CVS help

by Sean S -
Number of replies: 2
Following instructions on the CVS page I attempted to install moodle but it appeared to timeout after I hit enter when asked for my password. About two minutes later the following message appeared. Did I do something wrong? How can I fix this situation?

jailshell-3.00$ cvs -d:pserver:anonymous@cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/moodle login
Logging in to :pserver:anonymous@cvs.sourceforge.net:2401/cvsroot/moodle
CVS password:
cvs [login aborted]: unrecognized auth response from cvs.sourceforge.net: M -!- Client or Server timeout occurred!
jailshell-3.00$ jailshell-3.00$ cvs -d:pserver:anonymous@cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/moodle login
jailshell: jailshell-3.00$: command not found
jailshell-3.00$ Logging in to :pserver:anonymous@cvs.sourceforge.net:2401/cvsroot/moodle
jailshell: Logging: command not found
jailshell-3.00$ CVS password:
jailshell: CVS: command not found
jailshell-3.00$ cvs [login aborted]: unrecognized auth response from cvs.sourceforge.net: M -!- Client or Server timeout occurred!
jailshell: !-: event not found
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Sean S

Re: CVS help

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
This sounds like sourceforge up to its tricks again. Sometimes it just doesn't work - busy presumably. Try again later?
In reply to Howard Miller

Re: CVS help

by Sean S -
Yeap, I just tried again and everything is fine. I"m new to CVS so I wasn't aware that occaisionally sourceforge causes problems...