Database activity search by week or month possible?

Database activity search by week or month possible?

by Ronald de Caluwé -
Number of replies: 5

Hi there,

Yesterday I made a database activity and added fields and data. Really cool!!

Now, as far as I understand, I can only search for a specific date in the collected data. I'd also like to know how items have been added during the last month or whatever.

Is that possible?

Thx in advance and have a nice day!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Ronald de Caluwé

Re: Database activity search by week or month possible?

by Itamar Tzadok -

To the extent that you want to search by the entry's time created or modified, afaict, not possible within the standard activity. You can search outside the activity by generating logs report but with the standard reports the data may not meet your requirements. If the week or month are in entry fields, you can use the advance search of the activity for searching by these fields. hth smile

In reply to Itamar Tzadok

by Ronald de Caluwé -

Thx Itamar for answering.

Perhaps I specify a bit more, cause I'm not interested (yet...) in the creation of modification time/date of the entry.

The date with the items (events that take place) in the database activity is not the adding date, but the date the event takes place. Now I'd like to be able to search and find how many events have taken place or are planned for e certain period of time.

Or else I'm not sure whether I understand what the use of the date fields in a database is.

Perhaps you can clarify?

Thanks again!!

In reply to Ronald de Caluwé

by Itamar Tzadok -

Ah, well, not possible. You can try the Dataform module addon which offers richer search functionality including multiple search filters. smile

by Itamar Tzadok -

For time/date range you can add in a filter a search criterion on the target time field such as

IS BETWEEN <time> .. <time>

For example if you want to find only entries in which the event year is 2013 the search criterion would be

IS BETWEEN 2013-1-1 .. 2014-1-1

hth smile

by Ronald de Caluwé -

Wow!!!

That really looks nice and could exactly be what I need!

Thanks for your suggestion!!