Allow Unauthenicated Users to View Gallery

Allow Unauthenicated Users to View Gallery

by Matthew Dodds -
Number of replies: 4

Currently we are using Moodle as our main website and only admin staff have logins.

We have a Light Box Gallery which we want everybody to be able to see but at the minute only authenticated users and guests can see.

Is there any way to allow unauthenicated users to view this activity?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Matthew Dodds

Re: Allow Unauthenicated Users to View Gallery

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hello Matthew. My former school where I taught also uses Moodle as their website and Lightbox gallery for photos - www.olchs.lancs.sch.uk The galleries are added to a course with guest access and so the gallery itself allows anyone to see. What do you mean by unauthenticated users?

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Matthew Dodds -

By unauthenticated I mean anyone who isn't logged in as either a guest or with an another account

In reply to Matthew Dodds

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

OK if you mean you want users just to be able to click on the gallery link and see the images (like here) then if you go to Site administration>Users>Permissions>User policies and tick "auto-log in guests" they should be able to see guest access pages/courses immediately  without clcking to log in as guests, assuming such pages are open to guests already.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)