Version 2.7 BETA available for testing

Version 2.7 BETA available for testing

by Joseph Rézeau -
Number of replies: 17
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

A Beta 2.7 version of Questionnaire, compliant with the new loggin/report/event system in Moodle 2.7 is available for testing from our github at https://github.com/remotelearner/moodle-mod_questionnaire/tree/MOODLE_27_STABLE.

Please download and test on your test sites and report any problems in this discussion.

Thanks in advance,

Joseph

EDIT.- Please test the new loggin/report system. Log in as teacher. Create a questionnaire. Add questions. Delete some. Log in as student. Answer the questionnaire. View the reports. etc.

Go to your Course Admin block ► Reports ► Logs.

Use combinations of the various options from the All actions and Educational level dropdown lists and check that the loggin information that is displayed is correct. Please note that the Description column displays more information, only in English at the moment and in a "debug" form.

Here is an example (Howard Gardner is a teacher, John Doe a student).

screenshot #1

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Joseph Rézeau

Ynt: Version 2.7 BETA available for testing

by Ismail Aksoy -

Hi Joseph,

I have updated my questionnaires with older version of the plugin on my local test server. Everything worked fine so far.

I couldn't manage it but is it posible to put a question under more than one feedback section? If not, editing the form and making radiobuttons, checkboxes will work?

Thanks for your help.

Best Regards

In reply to Ismail Aksoy

Re: Ynt: Version 2.7 BETA available for testing

by Pascal Maury -
Picture of Plugin developers

Hi,

I updated the module to the branch MOODLE_27_STABLE on my test site (previously MOODLE_26_STABLE); I created a new questionnaire with one question "Échelle de Likert" and I have this error after validation :

In reply to Pascal Maury

by Nicolas Dunand -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers

Pascal,

You should visit your Moodle site's administration page to proceed with the plugin upgrade process. This will create the missing tables (questionnaire_feedback and questionnaire_fb_sections).

In reply to Nicolas Dunand

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Actually, further to private exchanges with Pascal, we found out that the workaround suggested in this post by Johan Reinalda was the solution: https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=251262#p1104734.

Joseph

In reply to Ismail Aksoy

by Joseph Rézeau -

Hi Ismail,

Sorry I quite forgot to answer your question. No, at the moment it is not possible to include questions inside more than one "feedback section". I will look into the matter for a further version of Questionnaire, but it might prove quite difficult to do.

Joseph

Re: Version 2.7 BETA available for testing

by Luis Silva -

Hi,

In our test site the installation of the module run smoothly. After some use, I took a look on the reports and all seemed ok.
I intend to see how the module behaves after an update on our pre production site and do some more testing.

Since we have some interest to update our production site, there are any predictions on the release date? Our technical division is very strict on the installation of modules on beta status.

Best Regards

In reply to Luis Silva

by Joseph Rézeau -

Hi Luis,

I quite understand your problem. However I am reluctant to release a new version as STABLE until I have confirmation from a significant number of users/testers that everything is OK.

Joseph

by Charles Krengel eLearn Solutions -

Joseph

Thank you for your work on new release of this most useful plugin.

Please advise whether you are aware of any issues with using the 2.6 STABLE version on a Moodle 2.7 site (until the 2.7 STABLE is released).

Charles

In reply to Charles Krengel eLearn Solutions

by Joseph Rézeau -

Hi Charles,

As far as I know the only problem with using Questionnaire 2.6 on a Moodle 2.7 site is that if DEBUG mode is enabled (which should not happen on a production site) it will throw Warnings re the loggin/report system which has changed. This does not prevent Questionnaire to work normally.

If you can hold on for a few weeks I do hope to be able to release Questionnaire 2.7 STABLE to the plugins repository in the coming weeks.

Joseph

by Gaël Mifsud -
Picture of Core developers
Hello,

There is a warning in the documentation about 'register_long_arrays'.
But this directive is deprecated in php 5.3 and removed in php 5.4, so can we ignore it or should we add it in the php.ini if we use php 5.4.4 ?

Thanks.
In reply to Gaël Mifsud

by Joseph Rézeau -

@Gaël,

What is the relationship between register_long_arrays and the Questionnaire plugin?

Joseph

by Gaël Mifsud -
Picture of Core developers

On the github page, in the end of the readme :

https://github.com/remotelearner/moodle-mod_questionnaire

In reply to Gaël Mifsud

by Rex Lorenzo -

That README hasn't been updated for ages. To obtain the code for the different versions of the plugin please go to:

Moodle 2.7
https://github.com/remotelearner/moodle-mod_questionnaire/tree/MOODLE_27_STABLE

Moodle 2.6
https://github.com/remotelearner/moodle-mod_questionnaire/tree/MOODLE_26_STABLE

Etc... You haven't needed to set register_long_arrays for ages.

In reply to Rex Lorenzo

by Joseph Rézeau -

@Rex,

Thanks for mentioning this. I have reduced the text of the README file on the master branch, which is actually empty to explain that you must switch to a current STABLE branch to download Questionnaire.

Joseph