Responses not viewable

Responses not viewable

by Mary Beth McKee -
Number of replies: 6
We recently upgraded to Moodle 2.7, and students with an exisitng questionnaire are now unable to view peer responses, even though it is set to show them peer responses, after taking it.

Moodle 2.7.1+ (Build: 20140807)
Questionnaire 2.7.0 (Build - 2014070401)
Setting
Students can view ALL responses: After answering the questionnaire

Is there another another activity setting that I should check or something in the admin settings to consider?
It worked before, so I'm not sure what changed after the upgrade.  Below I attached screen shots of the student view and the activity settings.

Thanks for any leads,

Mary Beth
Attachment Q1.png
Attachment q2.png
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Mary Beth McKee

Re: Responses not viewable

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Mary Beth,

1.- Unfortunately you do not say which previous versions (of Moodle and Questionnaire) you upgraded from.

2.- If you create a new questionnaire with the same settings, do things work as expected?

3.- Check the student's permissions in your questionnaire. Do they look like the following?

screenshot #1

4.- Finally, the documentation here might help: https://docs.moodle.org/27/en/Adding/editing_a_questionnaire#ALL_Responses_viewing

Joseph

In reply to Joseph Rézeau

by Mary Beth McKee -

Hi Joseph,

Thanks for your reply.

We upgraded from Moodle 2.6; I am not certain what version of Questionnaire we were using.

I checked the Activity permissions, and they are set to Inherit.  See the attached screen shot.  I find that is change the setting, "Read response summaries, subject to open" from Inherit to Allow, then students can see peer responses whether they have completed the questionnaire or not.

I added a new questionnaire, based on the old one and found the same behavior.  Teachers can view the summary responses, but students cannot even after answering it.

Mary Beth

Attachment Q3.png

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Have you tried the combination of settings described here?

https://docs.moodle.org/27/en/Adding/editing_a_questionnaire#ALL_Responses_viewing

In reply to Joseph Rézeau

by Mary Beth McKee -

Yes, I have tried the combination.  Initially, the questionnaire did not have a close date, so I added one to see if that would help.

The questionnaire is open.

The questionnaire has been answered by the student.

The "Read all responses any time" is set to Inherit (Not Set)

The Read Response Summaries Subject to Open Times is also set to Inherit (Not Set).

I can change the setting, Read Response Summaries Subject to Open Times to Allow, and then students can see peer responses before completing the questionnaire.  It worked in the past, that's why the change in behavior seems odd.  Thought it was tied to the Moodle upgrade to 2.7.

by Joseph Rézeau -

Mary "The Read Response Summaries Subject to Open Times is also set to Inherit (Not Set)."

That permission should be set to Allow.

I agree that the combination of settings is rather complicated to apprehend. Which is why I took the trouble to document this feature with a comprehensive table in the documentation.

In the table below I have outlined (in red) the settings that you should set in order to achieve what you want (circled in green).

screenshot #1

Joseph