Students Finding My Course

Students Finding My Course

by Ariffa Bevin -
Number of replies: 3

Hello,

I am currently in the process of structuring an online course and I have some questions below. This is my first time using Moodle, so simplistic explanations would be greatly appreciated!

1) I understand that I can provide students with a link to my course, but once it is registered, is it possible for students to do a search for it? If so, where in Moodle.org can they go?

2) Would students need to download Moodle in order to access my course or can they simply create an account with Moodle.org?

Thank you very much for your assistance!

Best,

Ariffa

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Ariffa Bevin

Re: Students Finding My Course

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hello and welcome! The About Moodle FAQ should help you understand more about how to set up Moodle courses. This site, Moodle.org is for discussing Moodle and helping you with your queries - which you have correctly addedsmile However; we don't host your course. You will need your own installation of Moodle for that, which your students would need to have access to.

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Ariffa Bevin -

Hello,

I will check it out. Thank you!

In reply to Ariffa Bevin

by Chris Pangelinan -

Hello Ariffa,

Are you still trying to get started with Moodle? Are you part of a school? If so, were you considering Moodle because your school is using Moodle? If your school uses Moodle, chances are that your school has its own Moodle site. You will need to find a way to contact the people managing your school's Moodle site. They should be able to explain how you can get a course shell (your virtual classroom for your course); how to get your own account; how to be assigned as the Teacher for your course shell; if your students have to create their own accounts or if they are automatically assigned; and how students can find and access your course shell.

I manage the site for the University of Guam and we occasionally have teachers and students who hear the name "Moodle" and think that our courses are in the Moodle.org web site. You are not alone.  smile