Import of background as Moodle XML

Import of background as Moodle XML

by James Choi -
Number of replies: 8
Greetings.

I am very excited to use PooDLL for graphing homework assignments.  I would like to provide blank graph paper for the students to draw on.

However, PooDLL seems to filter out the background image from Moodle XML file during the import process.  From my experience, the only way to insert the background image is to do it manually for each question.

I would like to write a script to generate the Moodle XML file to contain the background image (black graph) for all problems (they are the same for all problems in the same set) and import at once.

Would that be possible soon?

Thank you again.

James Choi
Average of ratings: -
In reply to James Choi

Re: Import of background as Moodle XML

by Justin Hunt -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Actually that should work. Try this file I have attached to this post. It contains a poodll recording question with a background image.

I exported this question , rather than make it by hand. But when I import it into a different site, the background image comes along fine.

Justin

In reply to Justin Hunt

by James Choi -

Thank you for your fast response.

I uploaded the xml you posted, but I don't see the background image there either.  Maybe it is the version problems.  I am using Moodle 2.3.  What are the requirements for this work?

Thank you.

James Choi

In reply to James Choi

by Justin Hunt -

It should work on Moodle 2.3, but the version of the PoodLL question and PoodLL filter should be the latest. There were some import issues in older versions I remember. 

You might also try it out at http://demo.poodll.com , which has the latest of everything.

J

In reply to Justin Hunt

by James Choi -

I installed PoodLL Kaboodle from here on May 20th.

http://poodll.com/downloads-for-poodll-2-3/

It looks like I have the latest version.  Hmmm..... Should I install components separately, instead of Kaboodle?

James Choi
In reply to James Choi

by Justin Hunt -

PoodLL Kaboodle will be out of date. Sorry I have a re made poodll.com ready to go, and have not been updating the old one. I hope to do the transition this weekend. 

You should in future get the latest versions of the mods from Moodle.org or github. The new website provides links to those on the downloads page. I think if you just take the latest poodll filter and poodll recording question from moodle.org plugins database, you will be fine

In reply to Justin Hunt

by James Choi -

I see.  I am glad that is a known problem. 

Please humor me with one more basic question.  Do I just overwrite existing files with the new?  Or is there some upgrade routine explained somewhere?

Thank you.

In reply to James Choi

by Justin Hunt -

overwriting is fine. I usually delete the existing plugin folder (or move it elsewhere) and then copy the new folder in. A matter of preference I guess.

Justin

In reply to Justin Hunt

by James Choi -

Ah, that's what I meant.  Thank you very much.

James Choi