disk quota problem

disk quota problem

by Roger Haigh -
Number of replies: 1

On trying to post a photo to a users profile I am(briefly) presented with the error message on the attached gif file. The message disappears very quickly giving just enough time for me to get the attached scren grab

The message suggests i am out of web space and a chart from Lycos whose webspace I am using  suggests that 6.9 gb of my 8 gb webspace is used by files( with database and mail files the total is probably over the 8gb limit However i am strugggling to find where all the offending files are. The site has not been up and running very long with a total of about twenty users and no large file postings and I find it hard to believe I have used that much space unless some back up files or similar are multiplying unknown to me.Can anybody give me guidance as to where to find and cure the problem?

Attachment errormsg.gif
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Roger Haigh

Re: disk quota problem temp backup files

by Roger Haigh -
I have now found the offending accumulation of files - about 5gb worth hiding in the moodledata/temp/backup folder. These appear to be hourly copies of backup files created since moodle was installed. In the numbered folders which backup the moodledata folder courses there are only the latest two copies of the backup files kept which is correct, but the temporary backups as stated above seem to stay forever. Can anyone help avoid this difficulty?