EasyPHP

EasyPHP

by M Moodley -
Number of replies: 2
We have set up a server with EasyPHP1-8 at our school and has worked well for 2 weeks. After about 1::00 on Tuesday, no one could log on: Got an error that Moodle cannot log on guest user and cannot connect to the database. I checked the error log and and later the red page with an error message that it cannot connect to the database. I checked the error log, and there was an error that needed the running of a script (mysql_fix_privilege_tables which I have now done). I now get the first message: from moodle that it cannot create a user account when I use and existing account details. The error log in mysql says that it cannot connt to the mdl_users database files.  Help Needed.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to M Moodley

Re: EasyPHP

by Larry Shield -
I had a similar experience using Apache. I think my problem had something to do with the WIndows Server indexing the drive. I disabled the indexing service and am hoping the problem doesn't return. I am interested in any responses you get on thus problem.
In reply to Larry Shield

Re: EasyPHP

by M Moodley -

As the old instalation was only 3 weeks old, I rebuilt the server using the original XP os,and new Apachee, PHP and Mysql downloaded from the releveant sites. The site seems to be running well. We are in our second week with 150 users and a few courses. I have not tried to restore the old content to the new site.