Delete all instances of Admin block

Delete all instances of Admin block

by Juan Antonio Jung -
Number of replies: 2

Hi,

Over time a number of different instances of the Admin block have populated our moodle site, and currently some pages display between 2 and 4 instances of the block. I am looking for a way to delete all instances, so that I may subsequently add a single instance, to be visible on all pages of the site (visible to Managers and Teachers only).

Is there a way for me to accomplish this, without having to navigate to each page of the course and delete the admin blocks?

Thanks!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Juan Antonio Jung

Re: Delete all instances of Admin block

by Paul Rettey -

Hi Juan,

I had a similar issue, in effect you want to 'reset' the block. if you check my posts in JISC Moodle Technical - MOODLE-TECHNICAL-UK@JISCMAIL.AC.UK. and type in 'Resetting Blocks' and follow the thread it'll point the way. Marius Jugariu came up with the answer. You'll want article 001901.

Picture of article

However if you want to be sure and have a test system I would highly recommend using this first before performing the action on live.

Best Wishes,

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Paul Rettey

Re: Delete all instances of Admin block

by Juan Antonio Jung -

Dear Paul,

Thank you very much for your reply. I did consider doing the same thing, but I was unsure about the implications of deleting the block. Looks like this is the best solution.

Best,

Juan