Sharing Cart and Moodle 2.7

Sharing Cart and Moodle 2.7

by Peter Gehbauer -
Number of replies: 7

When I create a sharing cart block in moodle 2.7, there is a red message indicating that js and ajax are required. When I go to the admin settings for js and ajax, there isn't a check box to turn on ajax as there was before in 2.6.

Consequently, sharing cart doesn't seem to function. Yes, sharing cart is version 2.6, but I had heard that others were able to proceed with this -- or was that inaccurate?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Peter Gehbauer

Re: Sharing Cart and Moodle 2.7

by Don Hinkelman -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Hi Peter,

Thanks for being the pioneer and the first person I know to try the Sharing Cart in Moodle 2.7.  Our school maintains the Sharing Cart and we upgraded it last year for our Moodle 2.5 and many reports say it also works in Moodle 2.6 (except for a few themes which have a conflict).  We are planning to upgrade our Moodle to 2.7 in September and will upgrade the Sharing Cart at the same time.  If you can tell us if you get ajax and js working or any other specific information, that will help.  If there is something to fix in Sharing Cart, and it is not too difficult, maybe I can get our programmer to work on it sooner.

In reply to Don Hinkelman

by Peter Gehbauer -

The following shows what I get for sharing cart. I can install, and there is an add to sharing cart icon added to the other edit icons. I tried this with clean and standard themes; same outcome.

Clicking the link in the sharing cart correctly opens the ajax and javascript pane and, as mentioned before, the options appear the same as in v2.6.2 except that the first ajax check box is missing in v2.7. I downloaded the v2.6 sharing cart from Moodle plugins; doesn't matter if I use moodle's plugin installer or do it manually, same outcome. When I try to add to the sharing cart, I get a (permanent) "swirlie" (see right of the ? icon).

The following is what I get in 2.6.2:

by Hartmut Scherer -

Hi Peter,

I just installed Sharing Cart in Moodle 2.7 (local installation) with Clean theme selected and had no error messages. I am able to use it in courses. 

In Site administration > Appearance > AJAX and Javascript I have checked all boxes except the first one ("Use online YUI libraries" is unchecked). Perhaps this helps.

With kind regards,

Hartmut

In reply to Hartmut Scherer

by Peter Gehbauer -

There is no check box for ajax in 2.7 is there? There is in 2.6.2 just above the YUI thing you described. I'll share the screen shots after my online teaching wraps up in 2 hours or so. Thanks!

by Hartmut Scherer -
Hi Peter,

This is what I have selected in Site adminstration > Appearance > Ajax and Javascript:

Ajax and Javascript

Is this the page you were referring?

With kind regards,

Hartmut
In reply to Hartmut Scherer

by Peter Gehbauer -

Yes, I use the same settings as above (they are the defaults...) but still get that ajax error message in the sharing cart.