Course Upload with backupfile?

Course Upload with backupfile?

by Maura Fennelly -
Number of replies: 1

I'm in the midst of a migration from Moodle 1.9 to Moodle 2.7. I'm trying to use the Course Uploads to create/update courses on the new system with a course backups. I'm trying to follow the directions in:

http://docs.moodle.org/27/en/admin/tool/uploadcourse/index

But there isn't an example for the syntax for using the backupfile field, just instructions that it must contain an absolute path. My understanding of what constitutes an absolute path must be different from the coders, because I am using an absolute path and receive Cannot read the backup file errors when I try to upload.

This is a sample of the course upload file I have created:

shortname,fullname,category_path,backupfile
English I - Smith,English I - Kroenung,Academics / English,/Volumes/Data/Restore/myMoodle2/M2-import-english_1_-_smith.mbz.mbz
English I - Jones,English I - Oceguera,Academics / English,/Volumes/Data/Restore/myMoodle2/M2-import-english_1_-_jones.mbz.mbz
English I - Thomas,English I - Thomas,Academics / English,/Volumes/Data/Restore/myMoodle2/M2-import-english_1_-_thomas.mbz.mbz

Can anyone help me?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Maura Fennelly

Re: Course Upload with backupfile?

by Maura Fennelly -

I have been able to get further with my course upload issue. It turns out that the directory with the backup files needs to be readable by the web server process. That should be in the documentation. 

Now I am finding that I get the following error when trying to upload:

Invalid component used in plugin_supports():mod_

Any suggestions on how to debug this?