Where are the results of the Debugger?

Where are the results of the Debugger?

by Steve Ambro v3.8 -
Number of replies: 6
I am having restore problems and the docs suggest to turn on the debugger but I don't see any results.  Is the information being written to a file somewhere?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Steve Ambro v3.8

Re: Where are the results of the Debugger?

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

I'm assuming you have the Debugging option turned up to Full or Developer and the 'Display' box underneath it ticked.

If there are any notices/warnings/issues generated they should be displayed on your web page but you may not always see them. The reliable place to look is in your web server's error log file or in the PHP log file if your PHP has been configured to use on (in php.ini)

In reply to Howard Miller

by Steve Ambro v3.8 -

OK,now I am getting somewhere.  When I looked at the Debugger settings, the wording is ambiguous at best.  I looked at:

"Performance Info []  Default:No"

and saw it as when I check it, I was accepting the default which now doesn't really make sense but it really should say

"Performance info Enable:[] (Default:No)".

With that solved, I switched on everything!

It reported: Debug info: Got a packet bigger than 'max_allowed_packet' bytes.

Can you tell me where this "max_allowed_packet' bytes" option is located?
Is there a look up for these that I can find these on my own?

Thanks for the quick response.

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

It's a database thing. See MySQL

In reply to Howard Miller

by Steve Ambro v3.8 -

Interesting, How does a reference to the entire database show me where the results of the Debug exist?

That is a but like "I wonder who owns this phone number?"  Here is a phone book, look it up.

by Howard Miller -
Did you follow the link I sent you before posting that response?

If you had, you would have found the following useful information on that (short) page...

"Consider installing and configuring my.cnf (the MySQL settings file) to suit your needs. The default configuration is usually very conservative in respect of memory usage versus performance. Increase the 'max_allowed_packet' setting to at least 4 megabytes"

If that still wasn't enough then, let me think, http://lmgtfy.com/?q=mysql+my.cnf+max_allowed_packet

Luckily, I have infinite patience wink