How do I enable php_extension intl?

How do I enable php_extension intl?

by Stan Counsell -
Number of replies: 14

V2.7-0

O/S Windows 7 Ultimate

in admin/environment.php message reads 'php-extensionintl should be installed and enabled for best results'.  The extension is there in the directory; I don't see a method of enabling in properties; opening with Notepad reveals what appears to be machine code and I would not know where to start on that.

How do I enable?

Also under opache.enable the message reads 'PHP setting should be changed'.  I have not attempted that action, deciding to leave it until I sorted enabling intl.  Can I include it in this post or should I open a new discussion.

Stan Counsell

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Stan Counsell

Re: How do I enable php_extension intl?

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Find your php.ini file. Find the extensions bit. Uncomment the line for the intl extension. Save and restart the server.

In reply to Howard Miller

by Stan Counsell -

Howard,

I removed the ; from the intl line and saved, closed the server and restarted - no change.  What am I doing wrong?

Stan

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

There are two (most likely) possibilities...

1. You got the wrong php.ini - or it's in a place that the software isn't reading it. If you can get to the command line, just run 'php --ini' which will tell you were it is.

2. Did you definitely restart? Reboot the entire machine if in doubt.

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Maybe that is a windows thing but ; sign does not normally uncomment a line - it is normally the // at the beginning of the line.

In reply to Emma Richardson

by Howard Miller -

In php.ini it's definitely a ';' sign. 

We're not talking about PHP here remember...

Average of ratings: Useful (1)

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
You're right- sorry for any confusion - was only on my first cup of coffee!!
In reply to Emma Richardson

by Howard Miller -

I'm always right. Except when speaking to my wife, in which case I am always wrong cool

by Emma Richardson -
Not only right, but also wise!  As a wife, I am never wrong - unfortunately as a Moodler, my record is not quite so perfect!

by Stan Counsell -

Howard, Hi

The same the world over.

Just to advise that the site is now OK and I 'only' have to migrate my work.

Many thanks for all your time and attention,

Sincerely

Stan Counsell

by Luis de Vasconcelos -

Make sure the php_intl.dll file is actually in the \ext folder inside the PHP folder (e.g. 'C:\PHP\ext\' if your PHP path is 'C:\PHP')

Then make sure that the php_intl.dll file is the correct version for:

• your version of PHP. If you've got PHP v5.5 then you need the equivalent 5.5 version of php_intl.dll.
  • the thread safety of your PHP version. If you are using the non-thread-safe version of PHP then you need the non-thread-safe version of the php_intl.dll file.
In reply to Luis de Vasconcelos

by Luis de Vasconcelos -

Also, adding your PHP directory to the Windows PATH environment variable may help. Appended ;C:\php (or whatever your PHP path is) to the Path variable in the Windows Environment Variables dialog.

by Guillermo Madero -
In reply to Guillermo Madero

by Stan Counsell -

Hi Guillermo,

Just to advise that the site is now OK and I 'only' have to migrate my work.

Many thanks for your suggestion,

Sincerely

Stan Counsell

by Guillermo Madero -

Hi Stan,

Good to know. What was the problem, or how was it fixed?