Flex Page format Installation Issue

Flex Page format Installation Issue

by Shoaib Ahmad -
Number of replies: 11

Dear Friends,

I am new to this community. I have been trying to install flex page course format to have more flexibilty with sections. I have installed all the necessary plugins as mentioned in the installtion guide for flex page:http://docs.moodle.org/dev/Flexpage
Despite following the installation method, I still keep getting dependencies checks for other plugins. Although I have unzipped them in the relevant directories. Kindly please help me with the installation method. Image is attached.
Would appreciate early response.

Thank you,

Attachment snapshot.jpg
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Shoaib Ahmad

Re: Flex Page format Installation Issue

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Hi Shoaib,

Welcome to Moodle.

The screen shot really helps and shows that you have possibly unzipped the other plugins to the wrong folders.  So for:

• block_flexpagenav are the contents in the /blocks/flexpagenav folder?
  • block_flexpagemod are the contents in the /blocks/flexpagemod folder?
  • theme_flexpage are the contents in the /theme/flexpage folder?
  • local_mr are the contents in the /local/mr folder?

And you downloaded the right versions for M2.5?

Cheers,

Gareth

In reply to Gareth J Barnard

by Shoaib Ahmad -

Hi Gareth,

Thank you for your response. I unzipped the block folders(flexpagenav & flexpage mod) in the block folder in course. Similarly i unzipped theme_flexpage and local_mr in the theme folder & local folder. I believe these files have been unzipped in the right folders. May be I could have issue with the versions. How can I check if I have the right versions for my moodle 2.6?

In reply to Shoaib Ahmad

by Jason Hardin -

Shoaib

We have not released a version for Moodle 2.6. We are always 8 months behind a release of Moodle because it takes us that long to upgrade all of our plugins to the version of Moodle.

You should however be getting past the installation stage for flexpage before running into any issues.

Can you post a screen capture of your block directory and the structure for the flexpage blocks?

In reply to Jason Hardin

by Shoaib Ahmad -

Hi Jason,

Thank you for the assitance. Does that mean for me to avoid running into any issues, I need to install 2.5 version?

I hope the attached image helps.

Attachment snap.jpg
Attachment snap1.jpg
In reply to Shoaib Ahmad

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Hi Shoaib,

Ah ha!  The screen  shots show it all.  You have a folder in a folder!  Remove the intermediate 'block_flex.....' folder such that you have '/blocks/flexpagenav/' i.e. the file 'config.php' will have the path '/blocks/flexpagenav/config.php'.  That is why they are not picking up.

Do the same sort of thing for the others.

Also, previous versions can work on M2.6 that were designed for M2.5, its just a matter of seeing if they do.

Cheers,

Gareth

by Shoaib Ahmad -

Hi Gareth,

Thanks, will try that now. But just wanted to know when i go into the folder it has two sub-folders as shown in image. do i have to keep both folders in the "block folder"?

In reply to Shoaib Ahmad

by Gareth J Barnard -

Hi Shoaib,

No, only 'flexpagenav' so you have the path '/blocks/flexpagenav' containing the files like 'version.php'.  I'm sorry but reverting to M2.5 and not solving this 'path' issue will not solve the issue.

Cheers,

Gareth

by Shoaib Ahmad -

Hi Gareth,

I had actually done that for all the required plugins and it still didn't work. Installed 2.5 but it has another issue: it doesn't load the plugins check page as shown below. what could be the possible reason?

Attachment snap1.jpg
In reply to Shoaib Ahmad

by Gareth J Barnard -

Hi Shoaib,

I'm still convinced that you've installed the plugins in the wrong folders, i.e. the folder in a folder when there should just be a folder.

The blank screen indicates an error - so probably the locations.

Please could you screen shot the plugin folders as you did last time.

Cheers,

Gareth

by Shoaib Ahmad -

Thanks, It worked. The theme was old. I downloaded the latest one and it worked.

by Shoaib Ahmad -

Tried it. It is still not working and gives the same error.

Trying moodle 2.5 now