Inspiration for a Moodle 2 layout in a school VLE

Inspiration for a Moodle 2 layout in a school VLE

by David Myers -
Number of replies: 3

We have  a Moodle 2 site which is being used significantly by many departments and has a lot of material that has been added to it over the last couple of years.

We have a corporate general layout with a standard banner and, unless departments have altered them, a standard heading format. However many of the departments now have long lists of links which can result in a bit of death by scrolling.

We have a main drop-down menu system with up to 4 layers but, at times, this gets a bit large so I am possibly looking at having something like a second indexing or menu system within the course itself so that I can reduce the levels in the main drop-down menu at the top of the site itself

If this problem is familiar to anyone and they have found a solution I would be grateful for some ideas. If I can't get access to sites you may be talking about would it be posible to send me some screen shots.

As ever in education I doubt there will be any money for external professional re-programming so whatever I do will need to be within the limited abilities of me as a teacher.

Our site is kevigsvle.kevigs.lincs.sch.uk. Much of the site requires a log-in but the Broader Curriculum drop-down menu and then the Careers option should allow guest access.

Any help or ideas greatly appreciated

Thanks

David

Average of ratings: -
In reply to David Myers

Re: Inspiration for a Moodle 2 layout in a school VLE

by Hartmut Scherer -

Hi David,

Adding custom menu items was also discussed HERE. I am not sure how much needs to be changed as I never tried it.

With kind regards,

Hartmut

In reply to Hartmut Scherer

Re: Inspiration for a Moodle 2 layout in a school VLE

by dawn alderson -

Hi,

caveat: I could be wrong!

In referring to that link (very helpful) it remains to be said, why is the issue still arising?

HH

Dawn