Cannot change "Admin User" email on self enrollment confirmation email

Cannot change "Admin User" email on self enrollment confirmation email

by Heidy Henke -
Number of replies: 2

We're having a strange problem with not being able to change the Admin User on the confirmation email.  It's showing "marc@________.com", but when I look in settings, I cannot find anything that says "marc@________.com."  Our admin email shows "info@________.com, and there is a secondary system administrator named "Marc," but his email is NOT marc@_______.com.  

I don't know where the system is pulling this email address from.  I've used the workaround from the forum about going into the language pack (NOT intuitive at all!) and can change the confirmation email CONTENT, but not the "from" address.  It still says "Admin User," with Marc's email address (a NON-WORKING email address!)

I also checked the Server > Support Contact field, and it is empty, with the "info@_______.com" address to the right of the empty field.  

I am completely stumped, and wondering if this might have been possibly changed manually in the pages by the earlier admin.  Any help appreciated.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Heidy Henke

Re: Cannot change "Admin User" email on self enrollment confirmation email

by Heidy Henke -

UPDATE:  I changed the Support Contact email, and ran a test.  It DID cause the confirmation emails to be sent from kat@______.com instead of marc@______.com.  However, the "default" email address shows to be info@______.com.  It says something about if "no address is provided," then none is provided to the students.  That's not what's happening.  It's pulling the marc@_____.com address from SOMEWHERE, but I simply cannot find it.

I find the verbiage on this one to be completely confusing...it does not accurately reflect what's happening in Moodle.

Anyone know where the other email address might be coming from?

Attachment Untitled-2.jpg
Attachment Untitled-3.jpg
In reply to Heidy Henke

Re: Cannot change "Admin User" email on self enrollment confirmation email

by Dean Brown -

Same issue here.  Did you get any response/resolution?

Thx.