Dataform - Entry state and access function

Dataform - Entry state and access function

by Paul K -
Number of replies: 6

Hi,

I'm trying to finalize a certain scenario with the help of datafrom. Unfortunaltey in the last couple of days I have found couple of bugs in the following functions:

1. There is a problem with an entry state field. I have two states: "Submitted" and "Approved", and two allowed transitions from "Submitted" state to "Approved" state and in opposite direction. This transition is available only for Managers and Teachers. After trying to change the state for the second time I'm getting the following errors "JSON.parse: unexpected end of data", or "Unexpected end of input". Do you have any suggestions regarding this?

2. Access section:

Disseapring access rules (at least are not listed anymore) when I choose another option in the "Where this block appears". This is really annoying.

3. Notification block: would the notification function also work also at the time of changing the status in the entry state field?

Thank you for your help.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Paul K

Re: Dataform - Entry state and access function

by Itamar Tzadok -

1. Please open tracker issue at https://tracker.moodle.org/browse/CONTRIB/component/13430 (select component Set: Dataform) so that it could be investigated. Please provide a detailed scenario for reproducing the error message.

2. Not a bug. Access rules should be added in the Access index page and can appear only there. You should not change the 'Where this block appears' setting. I will look into disabling this setting in the access rule configuration.

3. I will look into that.

hth smile

In reply to Paul K

by Itamar Tzadok -

There is indeed a bug in entrystate field notification sending which seems to be the reason for the state update failure. See CONTRIB-5038. Should be fixed in the next couple of days. smile

In reply to Itamar Tzadok

by Paul K -

Dear Itamar,

great I'm looking forward to having this function.

Warm regards,

Paul

by James Nordman -

I updated the Dataform module to version 2.6.3 and I am still having entry state errors.

Specifically, I have 3 entry states; "Submitted", "Approved", and "Denied".  I have set notifications to be sent to the author of the entry from the Admin any time Approved or Denied is selected and teachers are allowed to select Approved and Denied.  I submitted an entry from my test account.  I log back into my administrator account and selected either Approved or Denied and I receive a Syntax Error while using Internet Explorer and Unexpected End of Input while using Google Chrome.  No message is sent.

In reply to James Nordman

by Itamar Tzadok -

Yes, it's not because of the notifications, but rather because of the calculated grade support that has been added to the entry state field in 2.6.3.

mod/dataform/field/entrystate/ajax.php, line 68

$df->update_calculated_grade($entry->userid, "##\d*:$field->name##");

is missing a character. The called method name should be 'update_calculated_grades' (plural grades):

$df->update_calculated_grades($entry->userid, "##\d*:$field->name##");

You can try a quick hack until the next mini-release, and if you do please let me know if it worked for you.

smile

by Paul K -

Dear Itamar,

this hack works at least in my case. Great work!