Lightbox or Shadowbox to view activities like SCORM, URL or HTML pages.

Lightbox or Shadowbox to view activities like SCORM, URL or HTML pages.

by Erwin Ancheta -
Number of replies: 4

Hello Guys,

Is there a plugin or any customization where I can use Lightbox or Shadowbox to view Moodle Activities like SCORM, URL, HTML pages etc. 

I've actually explored http://www.shadowbox-js.com/ but it seems not working. (Please see attachment)

I hope you can give me some advise about this development.

I'm starting to love Moodle പുഞ്ചിരി..

Thank you in advance!

By the way I'm using Moodle 2.6.2+ (Build: 20140415) Version 2013111802.06

Best Regards,
Erwin

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Erwin Ancheta

Re: Lightbox or Shadowbox to view activities like SCORM, URL or HTML pages.

by Nick Lee -

Erwin,

Firstly - I'm going to ask a question back at you - Why do you want to lightbox this type of content?

the reason for asking this is that the original concept of a lightbox was to provide a nice way to view images (allowing for their viewing without leaving the page you were previously on) and most commonly, allowing people to create a gallery of thumbnails which could then be viewed in full screen easily. This approach is well delivered in the lightbox gallery add on (https://moodle.org/plugins/view.php?plugin=mod_lightboxgallery).

However where you're talking about viewing content which people will no doubt interact with - it doesn't work in quite the same way. To me it seems like you're almost trying to create a nicer looking way of loading the content in a popup window - is there a reason why you don't want to utilise this simplistic approach? Is it purely cosmetic reasons?

Unfortunately I'm not providing you with a solution, however hopefully that provides some food for thought?

In reply to Nick Lee

Re: Lightbox or Shadowbox to view activities like SCORM, URL or HTML pages.

by Erwin Ancheta -

Hi Nick,

Im so glad to here from you.

You've mentioned in your reply > (allowing for their viewing without leaving the page you were previously on) < basically this is what I want to happen, NOT ONLY in Image Gallery but viewing a SCORM package, QUIZ or any activities.

I can give you an example. Please see this> 

In here he showed viewing a page on a lightbox. I've already tried using his codes but it seems its not working.

It will be a great help if I'll know if its possible or not. 

I appreciate your reply Nick!

Best Regards,
Erwin