Install moodle 3.0.2+ in desktop with windows 7

Install moodle 3.0.2+ in desktop with windows 7

by Inês Leitão -
Number of replies: 2

Hi!

After setting the admin configuration I had this error message:

Server error: 500

The website encountered an error while retrieving

http://localhost/moodle/user/editadvanced.php. It may be down for maintenance or configured incorrectly.

Well is not in maintenance, so I need some help to figure out what is configured incorrectly in this file.

Thank you.

IL

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Inês Leitão

Re: Install moodle 3.0.2+ in desktop with windows 7

by Usman Asar -
Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Inês, which package are you using? Windows installer Package?

error is coming from web server.

Unless you have done some changes in configuration, this package should have worked out of the box, but then sometimes caches get corrupted whilst installation of this package, all you have to do is go into moodledata folder, and you'll find 2 folders named "cache" and "localcache", deleting them both and refreshing the page will solve the issue in most cases. Don't worry about deleting the folders as they will be recreated once you re-load browser page.

Lets see if this works, if this doesn't then let us know how have you installed moodle? 

In reply to Inês Leitão

Re: Install moodle 3.0.2+ in desktop with windows 7

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

I sometimes get that when the localhost server is running slowly.  So, you can wait for the MySQL process to finish what its doing - look at the taskmanger.  Also, removing the session cookie and then refreshing can help to log back in and resume the installation.  Otherwise I've had to restart all over again by first dropping all of the tables.