GIFT with media format

GIFT with media format

by Aditya Dubay -
Number of replies: 9

Hi,

I am using Moodle 2.5.5

I installed "Gift with medias format" in my moodle site. Does anybody knows how to use it??? No documents are there with this plugin or on plugin page.

Regards,

Aditya

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Aditya Dubay

Re: GIFT with media format

by Aditya Dubay -

How to add image/media with question or answer in attached sheet?????

In reply to Aditya Dubay

by Marcus Green -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

You appear to have looked at the plugin at 

https://moodle.org/plugins/view.php?plugin=qformat_giftmedia

and asked the question

"Hi, I dont know how to use this plugin. Please help me"

This is not a well phrased question.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Aditya Dubay

by Guillermo Madero -

Hi Aditya,

The zip file includes a readme.md file, which can also be found here:

https://github.com/jmvedrine/moodle-qformat_giftmedia/blob/master/README.md

If you have specific question you could contact the developer, Jean-Michel Védrine.

In reply to Guillermo Madero

by Aditya Dubay -

Hi Gulliermo,

There is how to install not how to use smile

Aditya

In reply to Aditya Dubay

by Marcus Green -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

I recommend describing your attempts to use it and then what problems you had in that attempt. By the way, I know nothing at all about this plugin, I am merely advising on how to form a question in such a way that you are more likely to get a helpful answer.

If you are successful in using this plugin it would then be helpful to others if you could record your findings in the Wiki.

In reply to Aditya Dubay

by Guillermo Madero -

Hello Aditya,

I may be missing something here, but I'd say that the instructions are there:

The zip file used for import should have the following structure (how to prepare the quiz and media files):

1. a text file with all questions in gift form at the root level of the zip archive with a .txt extension (nothing unusual here).

2. one or more folders with the media files, each folder can have any subfolders levels as long as the complete path is specified in file's references in the gift questions text (the new stuff, how to handel the media files).

For instance if a mymedia.mp3 file is in the myfolder/mysubfolder/ subfolder, the correct reference in the gift file is @ @ PLUGINFILE @ @ / myfolder / mysubfolder / mymedia.mp3 (spaces added to avoid Moodle filters... grrr).

And... the GIFT format documentation page.

Cheers!