Cubic blank page

Cubic blank page

by Kimber Warden -
Number of replies: 11

I'm intrigued by the Cubic theme and want to try it out. I have installed the theme and its two companion plug-ins, Institutions and Applications. When I apply the Cubic theme to a course, I get only the green header at the top and the rest of the page is completely blank. Clicking on any of the buttons in the header does nothing. I've turned on Debugging to Developer mode and get no errors.

Seems like a Javascript issue, but I'm not sure where to look. Does anyone have any ideas? I'm using Moodle 2.5.1.

Kimber

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Kimber Warden

Re: Cubic blank page

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

On the browser, press F12 and look at the 'console' for errors.

In reply to Gareth J Barnard

by Kimber Warden -

I got nuthin'. You can see in the screenshot that my cursor is clicking on the Courses button, which I would expect to show my other courses. Could it be that the theme just doesn't work in 2.5? Would it generate any errors in that case?

Attachment Cubic.jpg
In reply to Kimber Warden

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

CUBIC theme was only made for 2.2 and will work on 2.3, but fails on 2.4 so why are you expecting it to work on 2.5? You should try reading the comments relating to the CUBIC theme.

In reply to Mary Evans

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

For some reason I decided to install it on M2.6.2 and found that it works(ish):

Cubic

Poor image quality because of the 100k forum limit.

EDIT: Only works if you are NOT enrolled on any courses.

EDIT2: Message in php.log: PHP Fatal error:  Call to undefined method stdClass::has_view() in F:\moodledev\moodle26\theme\cubic\lib.php on line 528.

by Gareth J Barnard -

Ok, fix appears to be to edit 'lib.php' and change line 528 from:

&& ($activity->visible or $activity->has_view())) {

to

&& ($activity->visible)) {

as $activity is just a stdClass as created by 'get_array_of_activities()' in '/course/lib.php'.  Perhaps in the past it had the method attached to it.

by Kimber Warden -

Thanks so much for your help, Gareth! I really appreciate your answer!

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Curiosity killed the cat...