Q&A Forum 2.6: No "Reply" link visible to students

Q&A Forum 2.6: No "Reply" link visible to students

av Clay Burell -
Antal svar: 6

This week 2.6 Q&A Forums have suddenly become a problem. Set to "separate groups" or "all users," "grade" selected, "scale" selected, and Activity Completion on all three options ("Do not indicate," "Students can mark," and "Conditions"), my students cannot see the "Reply" link to the Question I post.

I suspect it may be related to the recent add of the Activity Completion block, but am not sure.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. I have not tampered with permissions.

Input greatly appreciated. Forum search turned up nothing.

Genomsnitt av betyg: -
Som svar till Clay Burell

Re: Q&A Forum 2.6: No "Reply" link visible to students

av Mary Cooch -
Bild på Documentation writers Bild på Moodle HQ Bild på Particularly helpful Moodlers Bild på Testers Bild på Translators

Does #10 in the Forum FAQ help? Why can't students in separate groups reply to  forum discussion started by a teacher?

Som svar till Mary Cooch

av Troy Challenger -

Yes....the reply button does not appear...for single simple discussion format when there are separate groups.

We have come up with a workaround for creating the equivalent of a single simple discussion for a course for meta courses...but the same idea applies to any course where you are using separate groups.

It is a bit of effort to set up...but is transparent for the students to use once set up.

Here is the how to.  https://docs.google.com/document/d/1CS6XidQyQOfkPwmm2AstB4oZ7U--n6k0I1Vr6FeUxF8/edit?usp=sharing

and a video we made.

http://youtu.be/kDrkXk9USvg

Som svar till Clay Burell

av Barbara Taylor -

Clay,

Did you set a "start" or "end" date on the initial forum post?  If so, that can cause it to be hidden.  Do you have any restrict access settings?  If so, unselect them and see if that enables them to see it.  Do you start the initial post for each group?  (I wish that was easier). 

Barbara

Som svar till Barbara Taylor

av Mark Pearson -

By the way, how do you start the initial forum post per group for Q&A forum?

Som svar till Mark Pearson

av Mary Cooch -
Bild på Documentation writers Bild på Moodle HQ Bild på Particularly helpful Moodlers Bild på Testers Bild på Translators

Go to the forum and from the groups dropdown select a group. Post to them and then go back and select a different group and post to them and so on.