How to add the 'Quiz OMR' patch to my moodle installation on Windows 7 Xampp server ?

How to add the 'Quiz OMR' patch to my moodle installation on Windows 7 Xampp server ?

by Allwin Decosta -
Number of replies: 4

I'm an educator and I'm in urgent need of an OMR solution for my coaching class. 

I installed bitnami moodle on windows 7, Xampp server. Now I'm trying to add a Quiz OMR patch to my installation.

The patch is .patch file

I tried referring to the docs but couldn't add the patch following it. 

My moodle installation path on my computer is C:\xampp2\htdocs\apps\moodle

Can anyone suggest the steps to do it ?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Allwin Decosta

Re: How to add the 'Quiz OMR' patch to my moodle installation on Windows 7 Xampp server ?

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Another option is http://www.academic-moodle-cooperation.org/en/modules/offline-quiz/. This is a self-contained add-on that dose the same thing.

In reply to Tim Hunt

Re: How to add the 'Quiz OMR' patch to my moodle installation on Windows 7 Xampp server ?

by Allwin Decosta -

I searched for a long time but I'm unable to find the download link for this add-on you suggested. Help needed in  to install the plugin you suggested. 

Can you tell me the steps to install the add-on ?

I appreciate any help you can provide as I'm in need to setup the OMR system as soon as possible. 

In reply to Allwin Decosta

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

How odd, it seems that the download links are only on the German versions of the pages. (Not that surprising, since these modules were made by the University of Vienna). You can get the code from https://github.com/academic-moodle-cooperation/moodle-mod_offlinequiz.

In reply to Tim Hunt

by Allwin Decosta -

Can you tell me how to add this add-on to my moodle installation localhost by directly downloading the add-on and adding it to my installation folder ? I'm unable to do it by following the steps mentioned in docs.

1. First I downloaded the add-on from github

2. Then unzipped it and placed it in the mod folder of my moodle installation.

But nothing is happening. Am I not doing it correctly ?