Blank pop-up

Blank pop-up

by Charlie Oliver Ng -
Number of replies: 6

Recently, I have noticed that when I launch SCORM modules as a pop-up, I get a blank page, although it does indicate I am being redirected to http://*.*.com/Moodle/player.html

The only work-around it seems is by having the module launch in the same page (embedded). But I need to be able to launch the courses as a pop-up because of the content.

Help please? Thanks in advance!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Charlie Oliver Ng

Re: Blank pop-up

by Paul Barker -

Hi Charlie.  Without knowing your Moodle version, could it be related to this issue, to do with skipping the content structure page?

https://tracker.moodle.org/browse/MDL-43541

Paul

In reply to Paul Barker

by Charlie Oliver Ng -

Hello Paul.

I am not an LMS admin (who is currently unavailable), but how can I determine the version we are using?

Thanks!

by Paul Barker -

Hi Charlie.  As far as I am aware, you can't see the version unless you have admin access.

The issue I referred you to happens with Moodle 2.6.  If you set an activity to launch in a new window and you set 'student skip content structure page' to 'always' then the popup will be blank.  You can't skip the content structure page.

This may not be your issue, but what you described seemed to fit.

Good luck!

Paul

In reply to Paul Barker

by Charlie Oliver Ng -

Hello Paul.

I just managed to confirm that we're using version 2.5.2 (Build 20131018). Not sure if the build matters. Does this help?

by Matteo Scaramuccia -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Hi Charlie,
please read the overall Details section in MDL-43541, it tells:

Affects Version/s: 2.4.7, 2.5.3, 2.6, 2.7
Fix Version/s: 2.5.5, 2.6.2

so yes, version and build number both matter and your issue will be solved by upgrading your instance to the latest 2.5 weekly - now: 2.5.5+ (Build: 20140403) - , at least to 2.5.5.

HTH,
Matteo

In reply to Matteo Scaramuccia

by Charlie Oliver Ng -

Thanks Matteo! I'll forward this to our IT team since I'm not an LMS admin.

Cheers!