SCORM available publicly with direct link

SCORM available publicly with direct link

by Alyssa Leonard -
Number of replies: 4

Hi. A staff member discovered today while taking our newly implemented SCORM course that she could access the SCORM itself with a direct link when she wasn't logged in. You need to be logged in and you must enrol with an enrolment key in order to access this SCORM course, so I don't understand why she didn't need to be logged in to get it with a direct link. I've tested it myself and I can also access it when not logged in.

Is there a way to keep this from happening? 

Thanks in advance.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Alyssa Leonard

Re: SCORM available publicly with direct link

by Matteo Scaramuccia -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Hi Alyssa,
could you provide some more info about your context e.g. Moodle version, the URL - please, remove your real domain, just use hostname - and if the SCORM has been published as an Activity within a Course and not in the Frontpage?

TIA,
Matteo

In reply to Matteo Scaramuccia

by Alyssa Leonard -

I apologize for the lack of detail. 

I'm using moodle 2.5.2. 

The URL is: http://hostname.org/pluginfile.php/302/mod_scorm/content/2/story.html

I created a new course and added it as an activity. The course needs an enrolment key to be able to access it. Guests cannot access the course as it's a hidden course and only those with an account with a certain assigned system roll can see hidden courses.

In reply to Alyssa Leonard

by Dan Marsden -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

That url will only be accessible if it is cached in the users browser session or if you have some form of caching server in front of your Moodle site that caches files and bypasses Moodle.