Essential Theme & Content area on My Home

Essential Theme & Content area on My Home

by Jaime Dougherty -
Number of replies: 2

Greetings!  

I have an installation of Moodle v.2.6.2 and Essential theme 2.7 (2014020300).  I have found that I am unable to add blocks to the content area of My Home.  It is not listed as one of the choices for location in the block configuration. I have tried numerous standard blocks, but it is not an option for any of them.  I have turned on debugging and I'm not getting any errors.  I've purged all caches and even reinstalled Essential.

Has any one else had this issue (and found a solution?) 

Thanks in advance for any and all help!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jaime Dougherty

Re: Essential Theme & Content area on My Home

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

To configure the 'my' pages within Moodle you need to actually be in the 'my' page.  Here you have the option, see top right of your screen, a button that says 'Customise this page'. Clicking that allows you to ADD a small selection of Blocks which are user oriented.

Also this has nothing to do with the theme, Essential or any other theme for that matter. A theme basically just adds a bit of style to the pages, it never really changes how Moodle works. Pages may look different, but the underlying code is the same which ever theme you choose to use.

Cheers

Mary