Will docking be possible with theme Elegance in M2.7?

Will docking be possible with theme Elegance in M2.7?

by Hartmut Scherer -
Number of replies: 3

Hi all,

I would like to know if docking will be possible with theme Elegance in the next release (M2.7)?

With kind regards,
Hartmut

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Hartmut Scherer

Re: Will docking be possible with theme Elegance in M2.7?

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Interesting question Hartmut, as the M2.7 docking is for Bootstrap 2.3.2 and Elegance is based on Bootstrap 3.  But I believe that the original docking code was written by Bas Brands who is maintaining the Bootstrap 3 version of the Moodle theme with David Scotson - https://github.com/bmbrands/theme_bootstrap.  So, perhaps they can answer the question?

In reply to Gareth J Barnard

by Hartmut Scherer -

Hi Gareth,

Thanks for your reply. If I understand you correctly, those who use the Essential theme will enjoy the docking feature in Moodle version 2.7. I still hope that docking will also be available for themes based on Bootstrap 3 version.

With kind regards,

Hartmut

In reply to Hartmut Scherer

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Hi Hartmut,

Indeed, those using the Essential theme and indeed my own themes (plug plug) will be able to use docking in M2.7.  Along with Clean and More, plus others.

I'm not sure if I'll produce a M2.7 version of Mutant Banjo, will see if there is the demand.

Cheers,

Gareth