Moodle and Articulate Storyline

Moodle and Articulate Storyline

by Evin Wilkins -
Number of replies: 4

How well does Moodle work with Storyline? Is it difficult to implement Moodle? My client has also asked the question of support. He has heard that Moodle support is expensive however, I didn't think Moodle actually offered support outside of the forums, etc. given that it's open source. Can someone let me know if this is correct?

Thanks in advance.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Evin Wilkins

Re: Moodle and Articulate Storyline

by Marcus Green -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

What is Storyline? There are many organisations that offer commercial Moodle support, you can some here

http://moodle.com/partners/

Offering paid for support is a standard revenue model for Free software.

Marcus

In reply to Marcus Green

by Paul Raper -

StoryLine is a commercial activity authoring tool.

It functions very like PowerPoint in that you create slides with different questions or tasks to complete.

The advantage it has to many normal Moodle tools is that it looks way more professional, and can cope well with mobile devices.

I would have to say it is well worth looking into, I use it and find it to be about the best tool on the market purely thanks to its intuitive way of doing things, as apposed to Adobe Captivate which is a monster.

In reply to Evin Wilkins

by Dan Marsden -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

earlier versions of Moodle don't cope well when showing Articulate content on mobile devices - you are best to be using the latest version (2.6) - I'm only aware of one bug in 2.6 that specifically affects Articulate content: MDL-43011

MDL-43011 should be resolved in the next couple of weeks.

Also good to point out that Moodle only provides support for SCORM 1.2 and AICC (Articulate supports SCORM 2004 and Tin Can as well) - There are 3rd party plugins that allow you to work with SCORM 2004 or Tin Can content if required.

Average of ratings: Useful (2)