New Teacher Editing Issue

New Teacher Editing Issue

- Bill Martin の投稿
返信数: 5

Hello,

I'm just getting started with Moodle.  I'm the only one in the district currently experimenting with this. I'm playing around with the demo sandbox and it makes total sense, but on my course I can't even seem to edit the upcoming weeks, template, or anything but blog posts.  Why is this, should I request a higher level of permissions from my admin?

Thanks,

Bill

Bill Martin への返信

Re: New Teacher Editing Issue

- Mary Cooch の投稿
画像 Documentation writers 画像 Moodle HQ 画像 Particularly helpful Moodlers 画像 Testers 画像 Translators

If they want you to add learning materials then you should ask the admin to give you the role of editing teacher in the course.

Mary Cooch への返信

- Bill Martin の投稿

Great.  That is very helpful I just contacted my admin. 

Bill Martin への返信

- Bill Martin の投稿

Thank you.  I'm the only one trying out Moodle in my district.  My admin has not used it in years but set up a course for me and listed me as Teacher.  He said the other option is non-editing teacher.  I contacted him and said that I'm having no luck editing my course and he went back and gave me all the rights that he could possibly give me by overriding something.  I'm still unable to edit most of the course.

I'm pretty new to this, but shouldn't there be a 'turn editing on' or 'customise this page' button on my home screen?  Maybe I'm missing something, but it seems to be there when I go to http://school.demo.moodle.net/ and other demos.  The only page that allows editing is My Profile.

Let me know if you have any ideas!

Thanks,

Bill

Bill Martin への返信

- Mary Cooch の投稿
画像 Documentation writers 画像 Moodle HQ 画像 Particularly helpful Moodlers 画像 Testers 画像 Translators

HI Bill. It might be that your admin has not added you correctly if as you say he hasn't used it in years. First of all you need to make sure you are in an actual course and then if you don't see the "turn editing on "button then I would check with  your admin that he has gone into the course and clicked in Administration>Course administration>Users>enrolled users and added you as an editing teacher. Post back and let me know that.

Also - he does NOT need to override or change any permissions笑顔

Tell him to look at Assign roles and the course context section.