Creative Commons licensed resource: Video primers on elearning

Creative Commons licensed resource: Video primers on elearning

by Matt Bury -
Number of replies: 8
Picture of Plugin developers

Hi Moodlers!

I've created a Moodle 2.6 Book resource with links to 27 video primers (10 minutes each = 270 minutes) and backed it up. Dr. Curt Bonk recorded them at Indiana University and released them under a Creative Commons Attribution Share-alike licence.

They're useful for introducing teachers to elearning.

The actual videos are hosted on my Youtube.com account here: https://www.youtube.com/user/matbury

Please find the backup attached. Hope you find it useful!

Matt

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Matt Bury

Re: Creative Commons licensed resource: Video primers on elearning

by Don Hinkelman -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Hey Matt,

Lovely piece of work there.  I think it is useful internationally, and would like to encourage you to contribute that course/activity to the Moodle Association of Japan Hub.  We are seeking English language materials, and you may be considered to receive an award for "Best Open Courseware of 2014" given out at our next Moot.

Once you register on the MAJ Hub, it quite easy to publish a course into that Hub. Actually, I could upload it myself, but I would want you to get the full credit for the upload.  If you do it yourself, you will also have the right to download any other open course there. 

Cheers,   Don

In reply to Don Hinkelman

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Matt - would you also consider adding it to our Moodle Community hub Moodle.net - we happily have individual items as well as courses. Thanks smile

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Matt Bury -

Hi Don and Mary,

I haven't used Moodle hubs before and explored it a little.

Found a brief intro here: http://docs.moodle.org/23/en/Community_hubs

And some FAQs here: http://docs.moodle.org/23/en/Hub_FAQ

I'm going to switch my hosting provider and start with a fresh install of Moodle soon so now's probably not the time to start registering to hubs for me, although I played around with my localhost Moodle to try it out.

In reply to Matt Bury

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Matt - you can add your book to http://moodle.net/mod/data/view.php?id=3 just by logging in via your Moodle.org account - no need for your site to be connected to a hub.

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Matt Bury -

OK, submitted it. Thanks Mary.

In reply to Matt Bury

by Mary Cooch -

Approved!

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Isabelle Langeveld -

And imported for my team! Great stuff! Thank you Matt.

I watched the video on Webinars and Webcast, great study material for my future participants of the how to present on the webcam and use media course wink

In reply to Matt Bury

by dawn alderson -

Matt, ever the creative one...really nice, well done you smile

Stretching ideas a bit........wouldn't it be nice to have this type of head and shoulders book/slider for Moodle docs...you know with a focus on scenarios for APPLICATION wink

just a wee thought.

lovely idea Matt-I liked 27 the end one-interesting stuff...will need some time to get through them all though.

cheers

Dawn