Critical error(s) on creating a new activity

Critical error(s) on creating a new activity

by Philippe Decloitre -
Number of replies: 2

Hi Gordon,

This is a pretty tough one:

I have been creating a series of activities last month. everything went fine (except that I could not add new files or folder to an activity that had already been created. I had to re-upload the whole set).

But that was that.

Then my admin recently upgraded after you mentionned on the forum you had worked on the bug.

Well, here is how it now works for me ...

-The file picker does not work: it shows its normal interface and then, in a second, switches to "my private files" with no way to upload from my PC except via drag and drop or via uploading to my private files first.

If I do drag and drop ..

-I get the

Invalid course module ID
Coding error detected, it must be fixed by a programmer: The course you passed to $PAGE->set_cm does not correspond to the $cm.

I had a couple of months ago _which you then fixed .

So you'd expect that nothing would happen next but when you return to the course:

-the activities that are already in place change names!! ..and get the name of the first file I am trying to upload.

Apart from that, the activities that I had created prior to this problem seem to go on working fine.

I tried all major browsers to see if the file-picker thing was a browser issue but to no avail...

Thanks for your help Gordon.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Philippe Decloitre

Re: Critical error(s) on creating a new activity

by Philippe Decloitre -

Hi Gordon,

I've tried on another course to see if things were different.

They are!

I realized that I was making things difficult for TC. I was creating the activity from a section not numbered (i.e. #9 when there are less than 9 sections declared in my course settings.

The file picker problem is still there (but things remain feasible).

hope it helps those in the same situation.

(the work around is obvious: declare the sections, create the activity, then un-declare them)

I don't know why it used to work but doesn't anymore...thoughtful

Thanks for such a great tool!

Cheers.smile

Philippe

In reply to Philippe Decloitre

Re: Critical error(s) on creating a new activity

by Gordon Bateson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Hi Phillippe,
first things first, what version of Moodle and TaskChain are you using?

Also, please set Moodle debugging to DEVELOPER, and copy and paste the full debug message which shows at which line of which script the error occurred, in the same way the Deborah has done in this post.

If you try to create a "File" resource in the same section of the course where you tried to create the TaskChain, what happens?

If you try to create a TaskChain activity in the top section of the course, the "Intro" or "General" section that is never hidden, what happens?

Are you able to create your TaskChain on my test server without any errors?

regards
Gordon