Single Simple Discussion Forum Error

Single Simple Discussion Forum Error

by Karrie V -
Number of replies: 9

Please help!!! I have a new windows 2003 server running easy php and moodle 1.5 we just restored a course from our old server to the new version. When I try to click on the single simple discussion forums it get a message saying Could not find the discussion in this forum. Ok, no problem I figured I would just recreate the forum NO SUCH LUCK seems I can add any type of forum BUT the single simple discussion (which in elementary school we use the most!) When I try to add a new one I get the following error: Could not add the discussion for this forum
Warning: Missing argument 2 for forum_add_discussion() in f:\easyphp1-7\www\moodle\mod\forum\lib.php on line 2305

Please help we are supposed to go live on this server this week!!!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Karrie V

MAJOR 1.5 BUG: Single Simple Discussion Forum Error

by Karrie V -
I just tried to add a single simple discussion on another 1.5 site as well as on moodle.org's playground with no luck.  PLEASE HELP!!!
In reply to Karrie V

Re: Single Simple Discussion Forum Error

by Art Lader -
Yep, I am getting the same thing. Not good, but someone will surely address it. Amazingly, someone always does.

-- Art
In reply to Art Lader

by Karrie V -

If anyone finds a work around PLEASE let me know.  I really need to get this working ASAP!

Thanks

In reply to Karrie V

by John Papaioannou -
I 'm almost ready with a patch for this. Don't worry. smile
In reply to John Papaioannou

FIXED: Single Simple Discussion Forum Error

by John Papaioannou -
OK, it all works like a charm now. Both creating a new forum and restoring one from backups (I tried once from a 1.4.5 backup).

Just upgrade to the very latest and you should be fine.

Cheers! smile
Jon

Re: FIXED: Single Simple Discussion Forum Error

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Thanks Jon, you're a star! big grin
In reply to Helen Foster

by John Papaioannou -

by Eric Hagley -
Jon, I have a cpanel and am doing my updates via fantastico. Yet to get the latest upgrade and don't expect it soon. Is there anything I can do to fix this myself?

Warning: Missing argument 2 for forum_add_discussion() in /home/eflclass/public_html/mod/forum/lib.php on line 2305